Thursday, August 23, 2012

Our first week of Pre-K!

So many backpacks!
What an Artist!
Loving that smile!
Such a sweet group!
Having fun in housekeeping!
Playdoh is so much fun!
Blocks and Trucks make the boys happy!
 
Dancing to the music!
This bunch of little ones have really surprised us! They are so smart! 7 of the children can already write their name. The rest are very eager to learn. They are obeying the classroom rules well and not the first one has cried at nap time! I believe in all my years teaching that's a first on the first week of school!  They are doing above and beyond what pre k children should do and I am so very proud of each and every one of them.  We start the Abeka program on Monday. I usually wait 2 weeks before I start Abeka to work on Fine motor skills with the children but I believe this group is ready.
 they are a loving group and i am so excited to see what this year brings for our class! I will try to update more this weekend.