Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The First Day

Well it is 3:47 and we made it through our first day!!!! We only had one to cry this morning but he soon joined the others and forgot all about being sad. We had a fun day. We read the kissing hand and they met Chester the Raccoon. They may want to kiss your hand and they may want you to kiss theirs. We will read more about Chester tomorrow. They did really well. If they cry tomorrow, just remember this is new to them. They will adjust. I promise.

PLEASE NOTE:

Please send ALL supplies by Monday. We will start Abeka work on Monday. Don't forget that extra set of clothing in a LABELED zip-lock bag. Also please remember-                                                                                                                                                            $5.00 check or money order to Scholastic No cash please.
Picture of your child
Picture of your child's family for our Family tree
Shorts under skirts or dresses
No Boots unless they have a rubber bottom- Gym floor rules
Tennis shoes in the morning because of P.E.
You may send a labeled brush for the little girls to keep in their cubby. We will try to keep their hair looking neat. Emphasis on try. Ha!
Took a lot of pictures today. Will post tomorrow. Waiting for forms to come back in from all parents.
Can you believe they ALL napped today! Only one said - " I have a headache. I think I need my momma." Oh- so sweet. They are precious. Enjoy this time. It seems like only yesterday that my babies were starting Pre-K and now I have one starting college and one starting high school.  This year may seem like you will be doing one project after another but I promise you if I could go back to those days, I would in a heartbeat. Now they only really need you when they want money or a ride somewhere! Well it's not all that bad but I wish I could go on field trips with them again and make fun snacks for their class again. Now they just want cokes and pizza! And to hang out with their friends. When did it become uncool to hang out with their mom? Just enjoy these days because I promise you that come May you will wonder where the time went.

I sure did enjoy seeing the gym filled with lots of old faces and LOTS of new faces. Wow! I think this is our biggest year ever! Lots of new teachers too. Welcome to Mr. Keys (Spanish), Mrs. Jolly, Mrs. Hodges, and Mrs. Duchesne. Special welcome to our two new aides, Mrs. Bette and Mrs. Hilary.

Hope to see all of you tomorrow. Praying for our best year ever!!!