Thursday, August 15, 2013

2nd day of preschool

Today went even smoother than yesterday. You would be surprised what these little ones learn in just a short while. They are learning to walk with "marshmallow" toes- softly and to put "bubbles in their mouth" -meaning walk quietly. They are also learning to push their chair in when they leave the table. We use the terms "inside voice" and "walking feet". We say our class prayer every morning and say our lunch prayer before lunch. I also use the phrase "Give me five". This means-
1. Eyes on me
2.Feet together or if sitting, criss cross  applesauce
3.Hands to yourself or if sitting, hands in lap
4. Ears listening and we "click" on our listening ears- 1 click for each ear only or I told them they would strip a gear. Ha!
5. Lips Zipped (and we make a zipping sound)

They also clean up their "area" after snack.

I do not make them say "I'm sorry" instead I teach them to say "I apologize". In a class I took long ago, our instructor told us that sorry was a condition and that our children did not have a condition. That has always stuck with me and I try to have them apologize instead.
These are a few of the things that your children may come home talking about and now you will know what they are talking about! You may even want to use these at home.

Will try to post pics later on today. It's 10 min before wake up time so I wouldn't dare start now!