Friday, May 10, 2013

Thankful for God's unfailing love and forgiveness

Have you ever had a day where you have asked or wanted to ask- Why? Well, that is me today-well, really this whole month. Sometimes we don't know why we are chosen to go through a rough patch in our lives. Whether it be at home, our church, or our job, sometimes we face  something we would rather not face.  I love to tell the story about how I ended up here at this little Christian school. How I put a fleece before God and he answered it. How I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that God wanted me here. I wasn't even sure why but I came anyway. I watched as God blessed this little school. Not by making hundreds come in but by bringing the right ones here. I also saw that as time went by there were areas that we all failed at. But we are human and yes, we fail. We ALL do. Some way or another we all come short .  That is where God's love, grace and most importantly forgiveness comes in. We must learn to forgive because God forgives us. Read John 8:7 And yes, I have found myself  asking for forgiveness and asking God to help me forgive. I have said things that I regretted. We all have.  My wish would be for those of you that feel like there has been an injustice done to you- pray for that person. When you talk about that person you are no better than them. A sin is a sin in God's eyes. Don't have a prideful and a haughty spirit because the Bible does say in Proverbs 16:18 "Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall."  Our lesson at church not so very long ago was that when David sinned God touched the one that was closest to his heart. God always gets our attention. One way or another.  Please ask God to guide you in your daily walk and talk. Listen to GOD. But remember- you have to be quite long enough to hear what he is telling you. He never leaves us - it is us that leaves Him. Continue to pray for our school and those associated with our school  but most importantly pray for the children.