Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Busy, Wonderful time!

Sorry I haven't been on here much- It seems like I am so very busy lately. The children are all doing so good on their Abeka learning this year. Overall, they have just flourished this year. This is the first year that by the end of the year we will have completed ALL of their Abeka workbooks.! !! Wow!!!  That's a lot of learning going on. After all these years, I still get so excited when they learn to put letters and sounds together to make words.  Enjoyed a visit from my brother who lives in Austin, Texas now. He was come home for three days and we so enjoyed his visit. We hope to be able to make the trip to Austin this summer to visit him. The visit was especially nice since we haven't seen him since Christmas. I have also been enjoying planting flowers in my yard this spring. Working in my yard and planting plants just always make me feel closer to God. I was a little worried about our wonderful Louisiana weather destroying some of the plants but as of yesterday, it seems like only my foxglove plants are having issues because of the amount of rain we have had lately. I am loving having a former student and her meme living right next door to me! She has really transformed her yard with such beautiful plants! I love seeing all the flowers blooming and she keeps adding more weekly! It brightens my day. I love having her over to talk plants and flowers and my husband and son love that she brings sweets over every weekend! Who am I kidding? I love it too! Ha!  On another note- Thank you all so much for making Teacher's Appreciation week so special and it is only Tuesday. Love-love my beautiful wall hanging, Teacher hooks, scripture measuring spoons (too beautiful to use), and I love my hydrangea plant. Thank you so much!!!! Every year I am so blessed with such wonderful parents and I also feel like you all go above and beyond. Thank You from the bottom of my heart.