Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What makes a house a home

Well I have sure enjoyed my days off from school this week. We have spent a lot of time in the yard and have had several people come up to us while we were working in the yard to tell us they like the "new" look of our home. You see it was brick but then some foundation work had to be done and now it is a light grey siding with wide white trim and I love it! I started thinking about our land that we have in the "country" and if I would like it  there more than I do in town. My husband and I started talking about it and he is so right about something he said. He said it's not whether you live in town or the country, or what type of house you have, it is the love that you put into it to make it a HOME. I started thinking that if you took away all the plants we have planted and things he has made for me for my yard, the place wouldn't look the way it does. It's the little things that make it a home. It's the love that goes into it.  Our home is small and cozy but it is full of love. From the swings my husband built hanging from the pecan trees,to our super cute small garden, to the flowers my mom gives me to add to my plant collection, to the metal sculptures that my husband welded for me for my vines to grow up on- that is what makes our place a home. And I am so very thankful for all that God has blessed us with. There is a scripture in the Bible that says to -Be therefore content with whatever state you are in.- So that is what I try to do- find happiness in the little things. We even have a "Fairy door and small toadstools" connected to the bottom of one of our trees and when the girls came over the other day they were so excited to see that little door! That brought a smile to my face. So enjoy your week and I hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment