Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Today

Today is so beautiful. The sun is shining, the temp. just right and life is changing. Today my husband worked in the garden planting sweet corn, turnips, carrots, swiss chard, onions and greens. Soon we will see things changing in that little patch of ground. Just like that ground is changing so are the lives of people around us that we see everyday. Yesterday I learned that my aunt has colon cancer. I do not yet know what this will do to our family but I know one thing, it will change it. I heard that change in my mom's voice when she called to tell me.  A really good friend of mine, Carolyn, lost her mother suddenly last week and now her world is forever changed. I guess what I trying to say to myself as well as to others,  is that life is short and  the petty things that keep us from talking to one another, or to hold a grudge, just really should not matter. Life is short. We can not even begin to know the changes that life will bring us. Some of those changes will be good - some not but we can live each day to the fullest starting now.

No comments:

Post a Comment