Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reading Buddies !

Today we started our Reading Buddies program. For 10/15 minutes, once a week the 6th grade reading class will come to our room to read to the children. They will occasionally help with a literacy project we are working on. They pick a child and read to that child at least 1 book. The children LOVED this and Mrs. Melissa told me that her 6th graders were equally excited! This encourages both groups to foster a love of reading. I LOVE books and read to the children several times a day. Books are so important- I can not stress this enough. Read to your child. I posted pictures showing the childrens first day with their Reading Buddies. I also included pictures of the letters and gifts that Twink, the Back to school fairy left them while they were napping. Speaking of naps-  look how sweet!










No comments:

Post a Comment