Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BACK IN SCHOOL!

We're back!  I spent my Easter break doing lots of yard work and planting flowers. My husband and I also took our son to Baton Rouge for the 4-H  competition. I am so proud of him! I was always so shy that I am just so proud of him for being able to talk to a room full of strangers! When your child is old enough encourage your child to join 4-H -it is a GREAT program. We also took him to the Baton Rouge Zoo- another nice surprise! It is beautiful- we were not expecting it to be that nice. They are undergoing a 5 million dollar renovation. Take the children - they have a VERY nice children's area.It is  one of the best I've seen and we have been to a lot of zoos! Of course the week was sadder with the loss of 3 of our young people from our community. Continue to pray for the families that are left to cope with this. My husband worked that night- but thankfully only in town and at dispatch. I am so thankful that he did not witness the scene of the accident. Taking the calls at dispatch was hard enough. For those who do not believe  our law enforcement  deserves our praise and prayers- just see them after they have worked an accident like  that. Continue to pray for Mr. Buddy Gill- Mrs. Diane's husband - he has some health problems. We were also able to see the movie Soul Surfer- WOW- a great movie. A must see! 

No comments:

Post a Comment