Monday, January 5, 2015

Christmas at the Houston Home and goals for 2015

We had a fun-filled busy two weeks. The first week off was spent mailing off Christmas cards and doing that last minute shopping I promise myself I'm not going to do every year! And- cleaning. Lots and lots of cleaning, organizing, and throwing things away or giving away. Enjoyed visiting with my brother who came home from Austin. We had so much fun playing our 3rd annual game of Headbands. We also had a great time driving around and looking at Christmas lights. Our trip to Branson was postponed because they called my husband in to work. But, we were just thankful for his job so we don't mind putting it off a little longer. We did enjoy some closer out of town mini trips. And we just enjoyed spending time with family and friends. I had the joy of being the one who read the Christmas story this year. The second week was spent painting the laundry room and hanging up shelves to try to have a designated space for sewing supplies and craft project stuff. In a small home, you have to make every inch count. I'm not complaining. I've come to realize we are where we are for a reason. I've learned to embrace it and enjoy it!  My goals for this next year are
1. To read the Bible (all of it)  I'm loving the monthly calendars to help us do this in the Life Beautiful magazine.
2. To become more involved in our church
3. To not worry over things we can't change
4. To reconnect with friends that I've lost touch with
5. To forgive and be forgiven
6. To realize that everything in my life does not have to be in perfect order.
7. To embrace life's imperfections.
8. Schedule a monthly night out with the Taylor and Tracer
9.To start scrapbooking again
10. To have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment