Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nature's Beauty

I was going to drop Tracer off to go hunting yesterday on our land when I saw a beautiful sight. We don't live there yet so I guess I just was not expecting what I saw when I pulled up by the little storage shed that was left on the property. The land is just a ditch away from my parent's land so at first I thought that my mom must have hung little pumpkins on the tree and then the closer I came to it, I was sure she had hung Christmas balls from the little tree. Imagine my surprise when I came to a stop and realized that it was actually pomegranates. Lots and lots of them. I remember as a child picking them from a tree at my grandparent's home. They were so pretty just hanging from the branches and I thought of my Jesus and how he made so many wonderful things for us. And how sometimes it is the small things, like pomegranates hanging from a tree,  that can just make you stop and give thanks to the one above.