Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Johnny Appleseed Day

Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
And so I thank the Lord
For giving me the things I need:
The sun. the rain. and the apple seed;
Oh, the Lord's been good to me.
                                              John Chapman  (Johnny Appleseed)

The children looked adorable dressed up like Johnny Appleseed! We had so much fun today. We read the children apple books, Johnny Appleseed books,and the story of the Green house with no door, no windows, and a star inside. The children also acted out the different parts of the story as it was read. Rhett was the apple holder, Gracie was the girl dancer, Halli was the Grandmother in the rocking chair, and Damon was the wind. All the other children made the sounds for the story. They were so excited when I cut into the Apple and they saw the star inside the apple!  We also have been learning about the parts of an apple. After lunch the children watched the movie of Johnny Appleseed. Our class will be ready to make applesauce tomorrow with all of our apples!  If someone would like to bring a gallon of vanilla ice cream for the apples to be poured over, please call me at home between 3 and 5.  Thanks!