Friday, August 15, 2014

My Baby

This year we made the difficult decision to send our son to our local public school. It was not difficult because that school is a bad place for children but it was difficult because he has always been at the schools where I taught except for two years and then he was with his aunt (she was a teacher at that school). Every school has children with problems- Public or private and every school has teachers that care and that will go the extra mile and some that won't. I knew I would miss him. Yes- it doesn't matter how old they are - they will always be your baby. I still take first and last day pictures and I still take pictures of what he wears on his first day of school. Oh- and I always take a picture of his backpack! LOL He doesn't like that I take all those pictures but he humors me. I was so happy that he had a good first day. As long as he is happy, I am happy. I know that OBCA has given him the foundation on which his educational background is built and has nurtured his spiritual background as well. He already told me that when a teacher asked him to say one thing about his self- He said- "I am a Christian." This mom was so proud!!!!!!!!