Monday, November 5, 2012

A day for me

Country Christmas pillow
Metal Drum to go on the table that hold's Tracer's Drum lesson Books
 
Cute light- once I spray paint it a distressed white - it's small size is perfect for the laundry room
Cute Gate decoration
Christmas movie for the Little ones
 
Fisher Price Medical sets for the Little's Housekeeping area
Can just see Wildflowers in this next year
Love this old Headboard! Can't wait to clean it up and paint!
 
I took a personal day off from work on Friday and went to Winnsboro to do a little Flea Market and sidewalk shopping. My husband went with me to 1. load all the heavy things and 2. we like finding neat, old things. Met up with a few friends - While others were busy grabbing up really good deals on electronics and clothes, I was looking for  neat things I can use in decorating inside and outside my home. And, I never pass up a chance to pick up something for my class. I ran into several people from my hometown, including a few teachers from our parish! I guess we all had the same idea! Here are a few of my finds but by far my favorite was the Antique Bed complete with wooden railings that we purchased from a nice business man from Winnsboro for $20.00!!  because after talking with us, he said he knew we would do something with it. I'm actually not going to use it as a bed, I'm going to distress it and put a saying on it for our wall. He told us that his son was in the reclaimed wood business and was tearing down an old antebellum home and that the bed was in the home. He was going to  restore it but he said with his busy lifestyle, he just didn't have the time. He had taken it out of his shed that morning but forgot to put it out with all the other items. I just happened to look behind the side of the house as we were leaving and saw against a wall. Asked about it and got it ! When we unloaded it at home, my husband noticed that it had writing on it, with a family name and date, and that it was originally from New Orleans. Neat!!! I love old things!  I also picked up a brand new christian based movie for my class and a zip-lock bag full of Fisher Price doctor kits for the little ones.